Article Submission Guidelines and Policies
- Gracious Words (GW) welcomes all articles that fit the content and scope of this magazine. If you would like to submit an article, the Table of Contents in this issue will give you an idea of topics covered. We may solicit feature write-ups or articles on specific topics from writers to complement each edition’s theme.
- GW reserves the right to proofread, edit and publish articles. Articles containing libel will be discarded. We will publish final edited versions after obtaining author approval of final versions. If you have specific requests regarding your article, such as that we do only minimal proofing, please let us know when you submit your article.
- You may use your real name or a pen name for the byline.
- Original articles that have not been published in print or electronically are preferred and will be given priority approval. If you contributed an article that has previously been published, please notify GW at time of your submission.
- GW kindly requests a recent photo of you to accompany your article. If you decline to have your photo published, please notify GW at the time of your submission.
- When the total page number of all articles exceeds the space in the printed magazine, GW reserves the right to publish selected articles from the online version in the printed version.
- We request that you limit your writing to 600 – 1200 words in English, and 900 – 1800 characters in Chinese.
- GW is published in both print and online versions. The online magazine is publicly on the Internet and is not limited to CGBC subscribers. Please notify GW at the time of your submission if you do not wish to publish your article and/or your photo online.