As the Church of Jesus Christ:
• We believe and worship the one and only true God who is revealed in the Bible in the Persons of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
• We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God without error and is the final authority for our lives and the practice of our faith.
• We believe we are born in sin. But God, in His gracious love and mercy, sent His Son to die for our sin.
• We believe when we confess, repent of our sins, and accept Christ as our Savior, we are forgiven by God and become His children.
• We believe it is only through the death of Christ on the Cross, His resurrection, and God’s loving grace that we are saved from the penalty of sin (which is eternal death) and are given eternal life.
• We believe that upon the profession of faith in Jesus Christ, we are baptized into the Church (the Body of Christ) in which we are called to be His witnesses, in order to share the Gospel to the world until Christ returns.
Our Church is a place where:
• we live out our faith as believers together in fellowship with Him and with one another;
• we bear fruit (i.e., love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) pleasing to God as we are led by the Holy Spirit;
• the ministry of the Spirit gives us spiritual gifts for the common good and the building up of the body of Christ;
• we build up one another and “make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
The following is CGBC’s complete Statement of Faith:
- We believe in the Scriptures consisting of the Old and New Testaments as being the verbally inspired Word of God, completely inerrant in the original writings, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life. (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19-20)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (Luke 1:35; Phil. 2:6-8)
- We believe that God created man in His image and likeness, but through Adam’s sin, man inherited a sinful nature, is completely alienated from God, and is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Romans 5:12, 15; Ephesians 2:1)
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and on the grounds of His shed blood, all who believe in Him are justified. (Romans 3:23-24, 28; II Cor. 5:19; I John 2:2)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His present ministry as High Priest and Advocate. (I Cor. 15:1, 3-5; John 2:19-22; I John 2:2)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, in the present age indwells all believers, baptizes them into the Body of Christ, seals them to the day of redemption, and gives spiritual gifts to the Body of Christ. (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 12:1-13; Ephesians 4:30; Romans 12:6-8)
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become children of God, a relationship in which they are eternally secure. (John 3:5-7; 10:27-29)
- We believe that the Church, which is the Body and the espoused Bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all regenerated people of this age. (Ephesians 3:6,10; 5:32)
- We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall, that he is an active enemy of God and His children, and he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Gen. 3; Ephesians 6:10-18)
- We believe in the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, our blessed hope. (Acts 1:9-11; I Thess. 4:13-18; Titus 2:13)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and unsaved, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the Lost. (John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:11-15)
- We believe that baptism by immersion best exemplifies a believer’s faith in the crucified and risen Savior, his or her death to sin, and his or her resurrection to a new life in Christ.
- We believe marriage has been ordained by God. We define “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by this church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in these Articles. We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Sexual activities outside of marriage (referred to in the New Testament as “porneia”) including but not limited to adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and this church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography are inconsistent with the biblical witness. (Genesis 2:21-25; Leviticus 18:22; Matthew 19:4-6)